Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Amendment Bill, 2018 this amendment bill was passed in 2018 by voice vote in the assembly to make sure ownership rights to rightful tribal people of the state, including tribal communities and clan having land possession certificates (LPCs) in the state.
Arunachal Pradesh state lands were controlled by customary laws and people were not having enough documents to claim their ownership. Thus, they were those people who were unable to either take loans from a bank on behalf of land or able to land on a long-term lease to any investor or claim compensation if the land was taken by the government.
The historic bill recognizes ownership rights of tribal people to give land on long-term lease up to a duration of 33 years, which can be extended to another 33 years for small and big ventures if needed. This is a very revolutionary act that can increase the investment flow by boosting the local economy.
Check this paper i.e official press release by the Arunachal Pradesh state government on Land Settlement and Records
Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records
Arunachal Pradesh (Land Settlement and Records) (Amendment) Act is passed by the Legislative Assembly of Arunachal Pradesh.
- This Act may be called (known as) the Arunachal Pradesh (Land Settlement and Records) (Amendment) Act, 2018.
- It shall extend to every part of the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
- It shall come into action/force with the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
In the Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Act, 2000 (Act Number 10 of 2000), (hereinafter referred to as the Principal Act), in section 88, after sub-section (1), the following Sub-Section shall be inserted,-
“(1A) Every person in Arunachal Pradesh, who has a valid land possession document issued by the concerned authority, outside notified forest shall be entitled to be conferred ownership rights on such terms and conditions, as may be prescribed”.
The process to get Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Document (Online)
To get land record documents online you just need to follow the easy steps given below:
- Firstly you need to visit the official website
- On the homepage of the website, click on the 3 dot menu from the right side for more options.
- you will see a side menu on the webpage where you need to select the ‘Citizen Services’ option from the menu.
- Now a new webpage will open on your computer/mobile screen, where you will many options, select land records from the list of options.
- now a webpage will open on your mobile/computer screen, you only need to follow the steps given on the website to get your land records online.
Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records Act-
All the documents related to land in the state are issued from the DC Office of Arunachal Pradesh. Any applicant who wants land-related documents needs to submit a correctly filled application form along with all supporting documents as required. The address is given below:
Department of Land Revenue & Settlement:
- District Secretariat Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh – 792103
- (Land Settlement and Records) Arunachal Pradesh Act 2018 PDF Download link: Amendment Notification
- Official Website: http://www.arunachalpradesh.gov.in/
Contact Details (Helpline):
Hope we have provided you complete information on Arunachal Pradesh Land Settlement and Records.
contact information is given below:
- Office Address: Office District Informatics Officer
NIC District Centre, District Secretariat, Namsai
Minister Market, Namsai, Arunachal Pradesh 792103
- E-mail ID: [email protected]