Our traffic department is getting more advanced with new digital technologies and stricter related traffic rules for citizen’s safety. Now if you try to rush drive then not only traffic police will catch you but also cameras on the roads are watching you. If you break any traffic rule you have to pay challan for that. Now your Traffic challan will be sent to your home directly if you found to breaking any traffic rule such as, not wearing helmets, signals jump, weaves through traffic, or over speed.
Through this article, we are going to provide you with all the information related to Online E Challan such as “how to pay Online challan payment, the procedure to check challan status and other relevant information.
Online Challan Payment
firstly we will discuss what is e-challan before moving further? Challan is a penalty amount that citizens have to pay if they break any traffic rule as per the guidelines issued by the traffic department of India. Earlier the payment of Challan was to paid by citizens in specific places described by the traffic department but as the technology becomes advance so the government of India has launched an online portal for challan payment. This portal is known as “E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution” it implements the one nation one challan movement.
What Is E-Challan?
e-Challan is a new generation programming application containing an Android-based portable application and web interface. This application is made in co-operation with Vahan and Sarathi applications. This provides many features while covering every single significant usefulness of the Traffic Enforcement System. The E-challan was a newly developed technology to give challans to citizens of India through the official app.
Highlights Of Online Challan Payment
|Article about||Online E Challan|
|Portal Name||E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Launched for||Citizens of the country|
Objective Of E-Challan
The government of India aims to make the payment of the challan process easier for the citizens. Before the launch of E-challan citizens who wants to pay challan then they have to go to the concerned office and wait for long outside the office to submit their fine. As this e-challan method will start, this fine submission process will become easier for the payers they can pay their fine by sitting at there home/office.
Motor Vehicle Amendment Bill, 2019 Penalty Changes
|Type of Offence||Amount of Penalty (INR)|
|General Offence||1st time 500 & 2nd time 1500|
|Driving without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Driving an illegal automobile without Licence||5000 Rs|
|Over Speeding of Vehicle||For LMV: 1000 to 2000|
|Goods Vehicle/or the Medium Passenger Vehicle:||2000 to 4000 For the 2nd time, confiscation of driving license will happen|
|Rash Driving of Vehicles 1st Time:||Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and/ or penalty of 1000 to 5000 2nd Time: Police Custody for 6 months to 1 year and or penalty of 1000 to 5000|
|Driving under Intoxication||1st Time: Police Custody up to 6 months and ot penalty of 10,000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 2 years and or penalty of 15,000|
|Driving without Insurance||1st Time: Police Custody up to 3 months and or penalty of 2000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 3 months or and penalty of 2000|
|Seat Belt Violation||1000|
|Helmet Wearing Violation||1000|
|if find any act to not giving way for Emergency Vehicles||the penalty of 10,000 or Imprisonment for 6 months.|
|Accidental Related Penalties||1st Time: Imprisonment till up to 6 months and or penalty of 5000 2nd Time: Imprisonment till up to 1 year or penalty of INR 10,000|
Procedure to Check E-Challan Status
To check e challan status you need to follow the easy steps given below
- Firstly you need to go to the official website of E-Challan – Digital Traffic/Transport Enforcement Solution.
- you need to click the “check challan status” option from the main menu bar given on the homepage.
- now a new page will open on your screen, here you need to choose anyone from the following i.e “Challan Number” or “vehicle Number” or “DL Number”.
- After entering the information, enter captcha code and click on get details
- Now your challan related information will appear on the screen
- Click on the Pay Now option to proceed further.
- Now choose your desired payment option to pay your challan fine.
- after the successful payment generate you will see your Challan Receipt online.
Procedure for Online Challan Payment
You can pay challan through both online mode and offline mode. Here are the easy steps that you need to follow to pay your challan:
There are two ways to Online Challan Payment through an online payment mode. The first method is via the official website of the respective state in which your challan was registered, 2nd way is via challan number online payment module(Paytm).
- To pay your pending challan, firstly you need to visit the official website of the traffic police of your state.
- Go to the e-challan available on the services section given on the homepage of the website.
- When you click on it and a new page will open on the screen
- Enter the required information i.e vehicle number or challan number (as given on the Notice you received)
- Now you need to click on the search detail option and your challan related information will appear on your screen.
- finally, you need to click on the payment option and make an online challan payment via your desired payment mode like using your debit or credit card.
- firstly you need to open your Paytm mobile application or website of Paytm i.e paytm.com on your device.
- Search for the Online E Challan Payment option within the app or website.
- Now go to the other services section.
- Select the “challan” option given on the menu.
- now you need to select the traffic authority name (e.g UP police )
- now you need to enter the challan number (written on the Notice you received).
- Now you need to click on the “proceed” option to make payment of challan via payment options available on the Paytm application or website.
To pay your challan offline you need to visit the nearest police station in your locality.
Benefits Of E-Challan
- The E-Challan Provides an efficient way of discovery made in a simple, productive and far-reaching traffic authorization framework.
- This system will ensure the nation information sharing and lead to all the more suitable order of traffic and street security.
- It saves the time and the efforts of people in making payment instalments or follow-up activities which they face usually get while the challan payment procedure.
- The E-Challan minimizes the Revenue misfortune thereby upgrading the straightforwardness
- Digitization of all the documents will achieve permeability on the guilty parties, sorts of offences often dedicated, instalments got time and so on.
- Copy or phoney challans are being excluded
- The resident will be able to pay the online instalment of challans “whenever and anyplace”
- Robotization of the procedure starting to the ending will ensure productivity at each degree of clients.
- This new framework will provide the ideal answer for all the difficulties faced now such as the issuance of traffic challans, overseeing records/back-end tasks, following offence history, instalments, reports and so forth.
- The Transport Enforcement Officers and Traffic Police officials will get easy and proficient challan choice
- The Road Safety usage report has been made constantly as per the Ministry/State Governments for information-driven strategy making
- Any exchange on the concerned vehicle/permit will now get approved at RTO if there is any pending challan.
Value Indicators Of E-Challan
- The framework of e Challan has been developed through the procedure of learning, changes and upgrades.
- all the things which are available on the website are now made increasingly powerful and more extravagant regarding highlights, functionalities and security.
- Instalment of Challans is encouraged through different alternatives mode of payments like Online Payment, PoS put together instalment – both with respect to spot and through the payment gateway.
- The framework has been made to support the bi-lingual help (i.e Hindi and English) starting at now.
- The fine payer is naturally made a partner with the goal that he/she can make challan instalments on the computerized model or development/complaint choices and so on by signing into the entry.
What will happen if you don’t pay the traffic e challan?
In case if you accidentally skipped the last date of paying traffic e challan then you have to face many legal consequences. The court will send A to summon to your residential address(mentioned on licence) and after that, you have to go to the court and asked to give an explanation to the judge for not following the traffic rules. If you ignored the court notice and didn’t visit the court on your hearing date then your Driving Licence can be suspended. So always keep in mind that you have to pay your E-Challan by the deadline.
What if you Received a wrong e-challan
As we all know that if you break traffic rules then with the help of cameras your vehicle number can be identified and you have to make an online challan payment. But rarely due to some technical error the cameras cannot read properly the vehicle number and because of this, a message to pay challan has been sent to the wrong vehicle owner.
If you have received a message for online challan payment and you are sure that haven’t broken any rule then you can cancel the challan by following the easy steps given below
- you can contact the traffic police helpline number and inform them regarding your problem.
- You can also inform the traffic police by sending an email to them. After verification of your concern, the traffic police will cancel your challan.
- For cancelling the challan you do not need to pay any fee.
E Challan Fake Site
There are numerous fake sites around the web which is pretending to be the official website of e challan. You must be very careful while you pay the challan. Please note that the fake website looks exactly the original one. Also, the fake sites use a similar URL to the official website, which looks like the official website of E challan. We request you to be careful while making payment and take necessary action immediately related to the fake website like filing and FIR.
Contact Details (Helpline):
We hope that in this article, we have provided you with complete information on the Online challan payment, How to check the challan status online, pending Challan status and, online challan payment for pending dues. For further help contact information is given below:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number : 0120-2459171 ( 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM)
Dear readers, in this article we had provided you with the complete details of the Online E challan payment, like Eligibility, Objective, check pending challan payment status, step by step registration procedure to apply, and many more. In case you have any kind of queries related to our post you feel free to comment down below your questions. Our team will surely give a fruitful reply. Thanks for visiting our website https://indiaschemes.com/, keep following our Facebook page and website for more updates.